Masterclasses violin, viola, cello, piano and ensemble
Get ready for the 13th spring edition of the Schiermonnikoog Festival! A familiar part of the festival is the masterclasses under the guidance of world-renowned teachers and musicians. Participation in the masterclass is a unique opportunity to concentrate on musical growth in the tranquility and peacefulness of Schiermonnikoog, one of the most beautiful islands in the Netherlands. In addition, the festival offers support in other aspects that are relevant to professional growth.
Next to the masterclasses for individual musicians, we offer a masterclass for (existing) ensembles by Marc Danel.
Please note that the application deadline has been advanced to November 1, 2023
- a minimum of 4 lessons, including public masterclasses*
- a performance during the festival
- a professional recording of your performance
- a professional photoshoot**
- a personal consult with physiotherapist Arnout ter Haar
- a performance coaching for individuals & groups by performance coach Mart Blom
- a consult with physiotherapist Annet van der Meulen
- a consult with manager Annebeth Webb from HarrisonParrott
- a recording session with Frerik de Jong, producer and label owner of 7 Mountain Records***
- yoga sessions
- free entrance to all concerts
- a bike to explore Schiermonnikoog
- concert engagements (Wonderfeel, Oranjewoud Festival and Schiermonnikoog Festival – autumn edition)
*Cello students receive at least one masterclass by Gary Hoffman, next to the masterclasses by Jeroen Reuling.
**Limited capacity. We can not guarantee a spot for students who had a photoshoot in a previous edition of the masterclass before.
Thuy Anh Vuong – violin class
Katsura Mizumoto – viola class
Craig White – cello class
Masterclasses : € 450,- (incl. 9% VAT)
Accommodation: € 525,- for nine nights* including lunch and dinner, exluding breakfast (incl. 9% VAT)
Registration: € 35,–
*subject to change
Masterclasses p.p.: € 330,- (incl. 9% VAT)
Accommodation p.p.: € 525,- for nine nights* including lunch and dinner, exluding breakfast (incl. 9% VAT)
Registration (per ensemble): € 35,–
*subject to change
*Based on two participants sharing a room. Additional charge for single room: € 175,-
The festival has a limited number of scholarships available. Therefore, we ask you to write a motivation letter explaining why you need the scholarship and why you want to join the masterclass at Schiermonnikoog. In addition we ask you to also send us a letter of recommendation by you current teacher. Both can be sent in the application form.
Please note that the scholarship will at highest only cover the masterclass lessons (not accommodation and food) and is only available to participants with limited financial ability.
- Registration fee of € 35 must be paid upon registration. After completing the registration form you will be automatically forwarded to a payment environment. Your registration is only complete and will be taken in consideration once we received the registration fee.
- After approval and confirmation of your admittance the full balance is due by January 14 2024. No guarantee can be made to hold any place open if the balance has not been paid by this time.
- In case of cancellation after your confirmed admittance, fees will not be reimbursed.
General information & contact
Application deadline: November 1, 2023
Payment deadline: January 14, 2024
Arrival: March 6, 2024
Start masterclasses: March 7, 2024
Departure: March 15, 2024
For more information you can contact Zarah Ruwhof:
T: +31 (0)6 5245 2759