Masterclasses violin, viola, cello, piano and ensemble
Get ready for the 12th spring edition of the Schiermonnikoog Festival! A familiar part of the festival is the masterclasses under the guidance of world-renowned teachers and musicians. Participation in the masterclass is a unique opportunity to concentrate on musical growth in the tranquility and peacefulness of Schiermonnikoog, one of the most beautiful islands in the Netherlands. In addition, the festival offers support in other aspects that are relevant to professional growth.
Next to the masterclasses for individual musicians, we offer a masterclass for (existing) ensembles by Gary Hoffman & Marc Danel.
- a minimum of 4 lessons, including public masterclasses*
- a performance during the festival
- a professional recording of your performance
- a professional photoshoot
- a personal consult with physiotherapist Arnout ter Haar
- a performance coaching for individuals & groups by haptotherapist Mart Blom
- a consult with physiotherapist Annet van der Meulen
- a consult with manager Annebeth Webb from HarrisonParrott
- a recording session with Frerik de Jong, producer and label owner of 7 Mountain Records
- concert engagements (Wonderfeel, Oranjewoud Festival and Schiermonnikoog Festival – autumn edition)
- yoga sessions
- free entrance to all concerts
- a bike to explore Schiermonnikoog
*Existing ensembles will receive masterclasses from both Marc Danel and Gary Hoffman. Cello students receive one masterclass by Gary Hoffman, in addition to the masterclasses by Jeroen Reuling.
Thuy Anh Vuong – violin class
Katsura Mizumoto – viola class
Craig White – cello class
Masterclasses : € 450,- (incl. 9% VAT)
Accommodation: € 425,- for nine nights* full board (incl. 9% VAT)
Registration: € 35,–
Masterclasses p.p.: € 330,- (incl. 9% VAT)
Accommodation p.p.: € 425,- for nine nights* full board (incl. 9% VAT)
Registration (per ensemble): € 35,–
*Based on two participants sharing a room. Additional charge for single room: € 125,-
The festival has a limited number of scholarships available. Therefore, we ask you to write a motivation letter explaining why you need the scholarship and why you want to join the masterclass at Schiermonnikoog. In addition we ask you to also send us a letter of recommendation by you current teacher. Both can be sent in the application form.
Please note that the scholarship will at highest only cover the masterclass lessons (not accommodation and food) and is only available to participants with limited financial ability.
- Registration fee of € 35 must be paid upon registration. After completing the registration form you will be automatically forwarded to a payment environment. Your registration is only complete and will be taken in consideration once we received the registration fee.
- After approval and confirmation of your admittance the full balance is due 4 weeks before the start of the course. No guarantee can be made to hold any place open if the balance has not been paid by this time.
- In case of cancellation after your confirmed admittance, fees will not be reimbursed.
General information & contact
Arrival: March 8th 2022*
Start masterclasses: March 9th 2022
Departure: March 17th 2022*
*Not available in the period mentioned above? Please indicate in the application form which days you are unable to attend.
For more information you can contact Kayleigh Hagen:
T: +31 (0)6 5245 2759
- 8 - 17 March 2023
450 euro (excl. stay and 9% VAT)
MastersJeroen Reuling – CelloNobuko Imai – AltvioolPhilippe Graffin – VioolAvedis Kouyoumdjian – PianoMarc Danel – VioolGary Hoffman – Cello
The application deadline is december 11th 2022